Going to a casino as a beginner can be an incredibly exciting and somewhat nerve wrecking experience. From the flashing lights, big crowds, and loud sounds, it can be difficult to know where you are going, never mind what you are meant to be doing there.
Most new casino goers are fortunate enough to have an experienced friend with them, which is great for getting used to being in a casino but does little for understanding the games themselves. When visiting a casino for the first few times, the last thing anybody needs is the additional stress of game rules, sequence, and terminology they don’t understand.
For a beginner in a casino, there are a few great games that will be fun to play and potentially profitable too.
Slot machines remain the most popular casino game of all time, be it online or in a physical casino, there is always a wide range of slots to be found. So why are slot machines so popular? They are simple and fun. For most experienced gamblers, slots may be a way to unwind after a long few hours at the poker or roulette tables. For a beginner, slots are the best possible place to start. Slots are easy. When looking for the ideal slot game for a beginner using a Big Dollar Casino bonus code, simplicity is the best thing to aim for.
As a beginner when looking into slots, there are a few simple things you can look for to find a good game for you to play.
- Simplicity – Try and look for simple three or five reel slots. Other slots which allow for holding of specific reels or cross winning patterns can make for great results but can be more difficult to use with success. For the beginning of a casino adventure, keep it as simple as possible.
- RTP – RTP is the return to player rate, meaning how much you can on average receive with each spin of a machine. While it is very possible to look up a slot machine’s RTP with just its name, it can be somewhat awkward while in a casino. A good rule of thumb to get the best possible RTP is to play the maximum available on any given slot machine. Sticking to the smaller value machines and playing the maximum available bet will lead to better results when winning.
- Volatility – Volatility is the rate at which a slot machine pays out and how much it pays out. High volatility machines will play out huge volumes, but only on very rare occasions, while low volatility machine will pay out more consistently, making your average casino visit more likely to be profitable. An easy way to find low volatility machines is to avoid slots with large jackpots. Bigger jackpots and prizes tend to point towards high volatility slot machine, which is not ideal for the first few times you play.
When it comes to table-based games in a casino, it will be difficult to beat the simplicity and fun to be found at the roulette table. Roulette can be played alone or with a lot of friends at the table and is a slow-paced game, offering ample learning opportunity for new players.
The simple explanation of the game is this, a ball is released into a spinning wheel and will land on a particular number. It is the player’s job to predict the number that the ball is going to land on. Roulette can become complicated when diving into all the smaller bets, but for a beginner, there are only two bets that should be considered while learning the game, even money bets.
- Black/Red – Black or red bets are a simple 50/50 bet in which the player will predict if the ball will land on a black or red number.
- Odd/Even – Even or odd bets are a simple 50/50 bet in which the player will predict if the ball will land on an even or odd number.
When discussing even money or 50/50 bets, it’s important to remember that the bets are never truly 50/50. All roulette tables will have either one or two green positions signified as 0 or 00. Neither side of even money bets include the green numbers. For the best experience, try and play on a table with only one green position.
Regardless of what game you play, money management and your enjoyment are the two most essential factors. Be sure to stick to your budget and have a great time with your friends.